Tax Planning and Preparation

Need help with tax planning or your tax preparation?  We offer a wide variety of tax planning and preparation services to help you get your taxes done accurately while lessening your tax liability and maximizing your refund.

Tax planning and consultations are available year-round upon request.  Tax planning can help you feel more knowledgeable and comfortable about your financial decisions and minimize any future tax liabilities.

We provide federal and state tax preparation services for individuals, farms, small businesses, partnerships, and corporations – including multi-state returns and returns solely for Homestead Credit.  As Enrolled Agents, Carolyn and Amanda are authorized to represent any of our tax clients before the IRS.

Snyder Tax Service is an IRS-authorized E-File provider and offers all of their tax preparation services at competitive prices.

What to Bring to Your Tax Appointment:

Personal Information (for all household members):

  • Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Social Security Number
  • Last Year’s Tax Return (if filed with someone else the previous year)
  • Checking/Savings routing and account numbers (for direct deposit/debit ONLY)
  • Economic Impact Payment Amounts (Stimulus Payments)

Income and Tax Information:

  • W-2’s
  • Social Security or Railroad Retirement (SSA-1099 or RRB-1099)
  • Pension/Retirement Income (1099-R)
  • IRA or 401(K) Distribution (1099-R)
  • Unemployment Compensation (1099-G)
  • Self-Employment Income and Expenses (including farm income and expense)
  • Miscellaneous Income (1099-MISC)
  • Nonemployee Compensation (1099-NEC)
  • Interest (1099-INT)
  • Dividend Slips (1099-DIV)
  • Stock Sales / Cryptocurrency Sales and Exchanges (1099-B or Broker Statement)
  • Sale of a Personal Residence (1099-S)
  • State Income Tax Refund (1099-G)
  • Rental Income and Expenses
  • Sale of any Business Assets
  • Gambling or Lottery Winnings (W-2G for some winnings)
  • Estimated Taxes Paid
  • Jury Duty income

Healthcare Information:

  • Form 1095-A  (Marketplace Insurance)
  • Form 1095-B or 1095-C, if available
  • HSA Forms (5498-SA Contributions Form and/or 1099-SA Distribution Form)

Deductions or Adjustment Amounts:

  • Medical Expenses
  • Health Insurance Premiums Paid
  • Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
  • Mortgage Interest and Insurance
  • Charitable Contributions (cash and non-cash)
  • Gambling Losses (up to amount of gambling winnings)
  • Moving Expenses (Military only)
  • Traditional IRA Contributions
  • ROTH IRA Contributions
  • Higher Education Expenses (1098-T)
  • Educator Expenses
  • Student Loan Interest

Other Credits:

  • Child Care Provider/Address and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Adoption Expenses